This is my journal documenting an ongoing creative endeavor sustained by a single underlying current with 100 momentary breaks, each indicated by an individual porcelain cup which reveals both continuity and uniqueness in the way the pot is thrown, the handle is pulled and wrapped,
and the form is carved and sculpted. Each piece is photographed in its raw
porcelain clay state before being fired or glazed. If you would like to follow the progression from Cup #1, scroll down and click "Older Posts" or begin at the Blog Archive "2010", "March".

Visit my public archive forum on facebook: Julia Munn Livingston Pottery Archive.

The 100 Cups collection is available for exhibition.



Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The idea for this series came to me at cup #10. The idea of a blog came to me around cup #16. One digital camera and a consultation with my blog builder, Amory, later and I have digital images of the first 25 cups in the series. They will begin to appear one by one, in the order from which they emerged on this blog...soon....

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is beautiful! I look forward to seeing each new cup as your process unfolds.

    Post more poetry please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, so lovely. I am delighted to catch this glimpse of what you have been up to... i can imagine you working away through this long cold winter. And now Spring brings renewed inspiration, I am sure!

    Really lovely, I will check back to see this evolutionary sequence.

    ReplyDelete