This is my journal documenting an ongoing creative endeavor sustained by a single underlying current with 100 momentary breaks, each indicated by an individual porcelain cup which reveals both continuity and uniqueness in the way the pot is thrown, the handle is pulled and wrapped,
and the form is carved and sculpted. Each piece is photographed in its raw
porcelain clay state before being fired or glazed. If you would like to follow the progression from Cup #1, scroll down and click "Older Posts" or begin at the Blog Archive "2010", "March".

Visit my public archive forum on facebook: Julia Munn Livingston Pottery Archive.

The 100 Cups collection is available for exhibition.



Friday, December 16, 2011

Cup #91 (two views)

What can I say....I turn and turn and am sixty-one today...91/61....it's my Birth Day.

3 comments:

  1. Julia,
    I see a woman in this also. A woman with everything pulled back to reveal what is left -- which is clear and clean and beautiful. And the top, is a crown which she has worn but may choose not to now, though it is still attached.
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, I have been wondering about this cup. It felt like quite a shift when I made it and I was surprised by it. I did want to express a pulling out and lifting up and off the cup (ah, but a handle has to be attached to it's cup!). Your description adds so much to it for me in describing what it left after the pulling and a narrative that moved me.
    Thanks so much for understanding so well what I was trying to express...Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the comment.
    Dec. 16 is Carrie's and Hara's birthday as well!

    ReplyDelete