This is my journal documenting an ongoing creative endeavor sustained by a single underlying current with 100 momentary breaks, each indicated by an individual porcelain cup which reveals both continuity and uniqueness in the way the pot is thrown, the handle is pulled and wrapped,
and the form is carved and sculpted. Each piece is photographed in its raw
porcelain clay state before being fired or glazed. If you would like to follow the progression from Cup #1, scroll down and click "Older Posts" or begin at the Blog Archive "2010", "March".

Visit my public archive forum on facebook: Julia Munn Livingston Pottery Archive.

The 100 Cups collection is available for exhibition.



Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cup #20

A dearly beloved little cup...why?...it's all just there...

6 comments:

  1. This little cup is so precious... It's easy to imagine holding it in my hands and sipping slowly on a rich and toasty cup of coffee with eyes closed, listening to the birds, early in the morning, soft breezes in the trees etc., etc., etc.,

    What a mood maker it is....

    me likey Julia,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gini...on the porch...in the spring?..I want to be there with you!....Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Julia! I was blown away from the beginning by the heading photo! I love the progression. This is one of my favorites from the photos. I really look forward to following your progress and seeing the cups exhibited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paulette!...it's a favorite of mine too..."this little cup of mine" (I think there might be a song in that..or maybe a poem!)..Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. More than any of the others, this cup exudes charm. What a blessing for things to charm our lives. Julia, this work is lovely. Your cup progression forces all watchers to greater mindfulness. Thank you.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment Charlotte...I love the image of charm exuding!...Julia

    ReplyDelete